Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year ...

Tomorrow I will post my resolutions. But for today I want to reflect on this past year.
It started out pretty normal, slowly my fibromyalgia seemed to be getting worse. But in May/June when suddenly i had horrible pain in both of my hands I was confused. What was causing it? Did i injure myself and not remember? But, how could I have done that to BOTH hands? Was it my sewing? That was the thing I was sure was the problem. But I sew so often. I tried limiting it and even on weeks when I didn't sew I still had problems with pain.
My diagnosis in October was expected and scary. I'm still scared. The meds i am currently on are not working. I am going in for another visit sooner rather than the 3 months they originally were having me wait. I just can't let this get worse, i need to stay proactive.
The year has been hard on my physically. But, I remember so many friends & family who have lost their lives to cancer, car accidents, sudden deaths and who struggle with diseases much worse than mind. I thank God for this. I also pray that God will help me turn my struggle into good for others.
That is where the idea for this blog came from. I want to take my struggle, share it with the world and my fellow seamstresses. I won't always focus on RA. I will touch on other areas of my life and my sewing world.
Happy New Years Eve all. Tomorrow I will share my resolutions with you. I am determined to do many things this year, and I look forward to sharing them all with you!
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment