Sunday, April 6, 2014

And SEW it starts

The sewing room is almost totally done, okay so it will likely never be "Done". But after tomorrow everything should be here in this house. The organization will likely be an ongoing project as I find what works and what doesn't work for me.

I am currently working on the last custom order I will be taking on for a while. It's organic cotton pillow covers. I will have those finished today and my reward will be to move on to some fun upcycled dresses. I will likely lose a dress or two to my daughters wardrobe, but the rest will be for sale in the Etsy shop.

You're probably thinking, what is an upcycle? Well it's a "new" term used to describe taking something and repurposing it into something new. In my case I take a clothing item and add to it to make something new and fun. Yesterday for a quick break in the mundane I took Olivia's too small John Deere overalls and made them into a new dress.

BEFORE -
AFTER -

No comments:

Post a Comment